May 31 is getting closer and closer – the deadline for filing the 2015 tax return.
Tips and decision support for your tax declaration 2015, which should be at the tax office
So it’s about time to see if and how you’re filing the tax return. The following quick overview shows cases in which you are required to:
Who, for example, is obliged to file the 2015 tax return
- Joint couples, in which both partners are employed, use the tax code combination III / V.
- Employees with additional income exceeding € 410.
- Employees who were simultaneously employed by several employers.
- Anyone who earns full-time or part-time income from self-employment must, in principle, submit their annual tax return.
But even if you are not obliged to pay, it is always worthwhile to do the annoying work. On average, employees can expect a refund of around € 800. Fast earned money, then!
The question is then immediately: Is a tax adviser worthwhile or do I rather make the tax declaration myself?
If you look at a disorderly stack of receipts, bills and papers for a whole year and then also keep an eye on the complicated online forms of the tax return, you easily get the idea: “That’s what the professional should do!”
But beware: The costs can quickly eat up the tax refund. For tax returns, the tax consultant will quickly pay a fee of € 700 for medium incomes. In the meantime, there are a whole series of tax programs that guide you step by step through the tax declaration and automatically fill in the complicated forms. Such programs usually cost around 30 €.
Your Decision Support: Is a Tax Consultant Worthwhile?
- if you do not want to get involved in tax matters;
- if the fee is not an obstacle, perhaps because you expect a larger reimbursement;
- if the tax circumstances are so complicated that you would risk mistakes if you do it alone.
- if you want a good overview of your finances;
- if there are no particularly complicated tax issues;
- if you only expect an average refund.
Tip: As an employee, you also have the opportunity to use the support and advice of a Good Lending. This is usually cheaper than the fee of a tax consultant. In any case, you should now deal with the 2015 tax return.